Sunday, June 12, 2011

Clean Bod

**side note: E! has their Sunday premiers starting tonight!  Starting with Ice Loves Coco and followed by my favorite: Keeping Up With the Kardashians: Season 6!  It's crazy to believe that someone would like their entire lives under a microscope and that people are actually obsessed with it.  I have NO room to talk because personally I am very into the reality series.  Since we have 3 girls in our family, my dad has a Kardashian for each one of us.  Supposedly I am Kim, Tatum is Kourtney and Sydney is Khloe.  Can't wait to watch the new season!

Keeping Up Season 6 on at 10pm


I have a slight obsession with health, calories, labels, exercise and living clean.  Until I stopped playing volleyball I could eat whatever I wanted and didn't even have to think about it.  Then when my junior year of high school rolled around, my metabolism began to slow down.  Little did I know I had to completely change the way I lived physically.  I have been modeling since I was really young, but doing it more and more starting my junior year of high school and signed with Ford Robert Black AZ.  As a model, you always have to keep an eye on anything you put in your mouth.  Most people think/say, "all models are anorexic"... FALSE.  I really get irritated when people say that and want to prove to people that it's not true.  Yeah there are some, but so are other people who aren't in that industry.  


My freshman year of college I was deathly afraid of gaining the infamous "freshman 15".  I was convinced that that would never happen to me and I would do everything I could to prevent that.  Unfortunately, I came to see that that is impossible.  Of course my dorm was on north campus and the gym is on the south side of campus.  Yes, I went an hour each day, but I ate as I pleased.  Once winter break rolled around I knew I had to make a change, and I did!  Modeling became my passion and dream and I wrote down my goals on paper (and I still have them) and all of second semester I strived for that goal.  I couldn't just start working out better I had to eat healthier! That's key.  Ate differently and changed my workout.  I payed attention to my health and would love to show some tips with you :)




What you eat doesn't have to be crappy food to taste good.  There is healthy food you can substitute for it and cut 200 calories in one sitting.  Even if you get a Vitamin Water ZERO instead of a regular Vitamin water (cutting 200 calories and sugar) and whole grain/wheat bread instead of white bread.  Easy changes can help you drop lbs instantly!  I really try to watch what I drink too because I'd rather eat my calories than waste them on a sugary drink.  I love love coffee and have figured out ways to cut tons of calories out of it and still taste delish!  Get it light: sugar free flavors, non fat milk, more coffee (the more caffeine, less calories) or just get a cup of black coffee with sweet n low and non fat flavor :)  Top foods to eat would be : fruits, veggies, lean meats (turkey, chicken or fish), egg whites, and so that all of your food isn't dry and boring use SPRAY BUTTER!  My old trainer showed me to this and I'm extremely obsessed.  Spray as muchhhhh "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on your toast or veggies and there's no calories, carbs or fat! Amazing!!


** Remember if you're even thinking about grabbing food on-the-go like Taco Bell; the cheaper the food the more the calories ;)


think: NO quiero Taco Bell


Make the switch

GET IT!



Not only eat well, but find a workout that works best for you!  For ME, I run and do pilates and yoga.  Run run run and the lbs will shed faster than you can think!  Running intervals is actually the best.  If I'm on the treadmill I'll start with walking four (4) minutes at 4.0mph and then running at 5.0 mph (fat burning zone) or 6.0 mph for two (2) minutes then walk for one (1), etc!  And if you're a treadmill "hater", take a nice run outside!  Ever since I've been in LA I have had the amazing opportunity to have amazing scenery and weather for a relaxing job outside.  I promise it'll work wonders on your bod.  Also what I have found to 'work wonders' is doing yoga and pilates.  I always hated going to the yoga classes at the gym, it seemed so dragged out.  My mom bought me a yoga mat and a dvd and I just do it at home now! I have become faithful to yoga and pilates, daily.  The yoga only takes 30 minutes and the pilates takes only 20 minutes!  It doesn't take long and it will shape your body in ways you would never think.  Stretching your muscles to make them long and lean.  The most advice for working out I can give is to run and do yoga.  

Find a nice park if you don't have this scene!


Zen
Exercise is my way of being happy and productive and is daily in my life..  If you have any other questions about healthy lifestyle feel free to ask.. I'm a little obsessed with this and love research :)

Be Healthy & Exercise Daily
**Enjoy.Cheers.xxLo



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100% girl! A healthy life is a happy life :D

    ReplyDelete