Saturday, December 15, 2012

WRITE IT DOWN

I always talk about chasing your dreams and going after what you want in life.  I never really talk about how to get there.  How can you create a way to literally be living your dream?  Simple.  Write down every single goal or desire you wish you achieve and make it happen.

Writing down your goals are 100% effective. Before I moved to LA, one night I sat in my dorm room halfway through freshman year at ASU and decided I wanted to make a change.  Biggest party school in the nation, I was in a sorority, and I still wanted to find a way out.  Everyone was stuck in their routine, not making any success for themselves.

 I wrote all my goals down on a piece of paper and pinned it above my desk so that whenever I was on my computer so that I saw what standard I was holding myself to.  I stopped going out, I focused more, I went to the gym every.single.day. because I knew what I needed to do, to get to where I wanted to be.  I wanted to be in Los Angeles as a full time model by June --6 months away.  I didn't tell any of my friends because I didn't want to be all talk.  It was happening no matter what.

Guess what?  June 3rd I was moving into my new studio apartment in the Valley of LA, with my best friend.  I got up and moved.  I was a full time model.  Literally, living my dream, it was like  daydreaming in itself, each and every day.    Like, who walks outside of their apartment and is standing on Sunset Blvd?  Really really cool.  Still, then all I wanted to do was help others and inspire.

It kills me to see people sit around going through their daily routine.  Kills me.  When you write goals down, they're concrete. Permanent, like you can't erase the led and rewrite it a month from now.  What's the point in setting that goal in the first place?  "Oh, I'm  starting my diet tomorrow" "I'll go to the gym tomorrow" "I'll make the decision.....tomorrow".  NO.  How can you achieve anything when they're always an excuse that "someday" you'll do it.

SOMEDAY IS NOT A DAY. PERIOD.
xx Lo


Literally SEE IT.


These are the three quotes I wrote down for my "Goal For Summer 2011" which truly helped:

"Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline. Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticisms carry out your plan."

"Write it down.  Written goals have a way of transforming wishes into wants; can't into cans; dreams into plans; and plans into reality.  Don't just think it -- ink it!"

"Try.  Make mistake.  Learn.
  Try better.  Make mistake.  Fail.  Learn.
  Try better still.  Make mistake.  Fail.  Learn.
                   Repeat until...
                   Try. Succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment