Friday, July 1, 2011

NONstop

I'm watching the 'I Wanna Go' music video.. interesting! BUT still will always love her and bummed I missed her concert Femme Fatale tour.  

I can't tell you how insane these couple weeks have been!!  Running around with castings all day,  3 new test shoots and getting my newest job at The Cheesecake Factory!

A week ago I had a test shoot in Long Beach, CA... about 40 minutes from my place.  The shoot was at 6pm and in LA traffic is no question, I had to leave at 4:30!  The whole time I was getting so nervous because the 405 is literally like a parking lot. But I made it!  The shoot was a test for everyone: me, the photographer, make up artist, hair dresser and stylist which made it so fun to get creative!  Creative is what it was!  At one point I had an afro.... not kidding.  We got done around 11:30pm and I still had a 40 minute ride home #STARVING so obviously I stopped at In-n-Out to get a milkshake as a treat :)
Sunday was the busy day!  I had another shoot in "the hood" of LA.  10am and the homeless are out to play!  I'm so glad Taylor got to come with me and sit behind the scenes!  Can't wait to see the images we got!  Finished around 2pm and right after I was on my way to the Burbank airport to head back to AZ for another shoot! Loved being home and spending time with my family.. I miss them very much.  Tuesday was shooting day for Sir Alistar Rai, with a 9am call time. Click on this link to see the wardrobe I was wearing!--> Sir Alistar Rai  long shoot day ending around 4 and I had to take off to the airport for a 4:45pm flight!  You should have seen me in the airport... kinda embarassing, I was sprinting to my gate.  Good thing I did because I made it back to LA ! 

I had my first day of The Cheesecake Factory the next morning at 10am!  Learning tables, greeting and all the hostess stuff I was used to!  Definitely do miss Nando's, but change is good.  My shift was over at 4 and that's when I started my long traffic drive home so I could pass out and have a casting and another test shoot starting at 9am the next morning!

The casting was for Shoe Dazzle (never heard of them before) in LA and then I was off to MALIBU!!!! I was so excited because I've never been before, but just heard amazing things.  And amazing was the least of it.  The shoot was by far the sickest set and team I've ever worked with!  So chill on the beach and got great images!  I'm SO excited to see it all the pictures!  Yesterdays shoot reminded me why I'm here doing this as a job.  I honestly fell i love with modeling all over again and couldn't stop smiling or talking about it to Taylor (she's probably like, "okayyy I get it!!!").  I just couldn't help but share !

After a hectic week already Taylor and I are finally getting a roomie day!  Off to CRAVEcafe for breakfast and the movie Monte Carlo! We're obsessed with Selena Gomez... hehEHEHe. and I just love Leighton Meester. YAY! 

WorkworkWORK all weekend.. HaPpY FoUrTh of JuLy. yay work. 
**Enjoy.Cheers.xxLo


The Team in Malibu

Location

1 comment:

  1. hey Lauren, im friends with your cousin sophie heartly! my name is chandler gourley and i love to model too! i went through 6 months of training with an agency and i am getting my portfolio and comp. cards done next wednesday! i am so inspired that your doing this and I get to read about it! It makes me feel good to know what its all about because its so rare to be able to ask any model! Plus i kind of live in Iowa! haha If you have any advise for me that would be so great! And i cant believe your in L.A. im so jealous!!! if you do have advise my email is: chandlergourley@yahoo.com

    Thanks! -chandler gourley

    ReplyDelete